Cool Stuff. Cute shops. Talented Designers.
Women Entrepreneurs. Inspired Artists.
Gifted Writers. Creative Crafters. Smart Businesswomen.
All Moms.

Oh So Pretty Fabrics - They're calling my name!

I can make some things {cards, jewelry, macaroni + cheese, messes} but I can't make anything with fabric. I've tried. I just can't do it. I want to be able to use a sewing machine, because I think it would be fun to say that I made something {anything} on a sewing machine - it is indeed a lost art. But it's just too much for me. It's alright - there are many people that can work beautifully with textiles and then, I'll be right there to admire their creations!

Nevertheless, if you are gifted in the domestic art of sewing, you must check out Portabellopixie - a blog by Sandi Henderson - the creator of Ginger Blossom fabrics. I really can't even find words to describe how beautiful ther fabric is - the colors, the designs. And, the clothing Sandi designs :: adorable! And her photography is so bright and vivid. Well, I just came up with a lot of words, but really they don't do it justice ::

The Ginger Blossom fabric collection ::

Shir Madness Collection...


Her designs are so yummy, I could eat them with a spoon! Hmmm. I'm sure I could find something to do with fabric other than sew it. Let me know if you have any ideas. Maybe stretch it over a wood frame like a canvas? The prints are certainly works of art, you wouldn't have to do much to incorporate them into a child's bedroom, a sunroom, backyard...I'll think of a way!

No comments: